Saturday, August 22, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
It has been one heck of a week!! Every day this week something "bad" has happened. Nothing real bad (knock on wood), but bad enough.
Monday - I scratched my eye Monday morning with a mascara brush.
Tuesday - Payton dropped her juice cup on my toes and I honestly believe of them are broken.
Wednesday - Payton fell off my mom's steps into a bush and scratched one leg from her knee to her ankle.
Thursday - Payton gotten bitten at preschool.........by another child because she apparently had a baby doll that the other little girl wanted.
Thursday night - We had a terrible storm. I didn't think it was ever going to end. We had 6 or more inches of rain, 50-60 mph winds, lighting like I have never seen before. Within 3 miles of my house there was 2 houses stuck by lightning, 4 trees fell on houses and 2 volunteer fireman were also struck by lightning but unbelieveably not seriously hurt. We had 3 trees to fall across our driveaway, my glasstop table on my patio shattered, and Payton's NEW SWING SET was taken 20 ft across our yard and is in now in 5 pieces. Needless to say, I have a very upset little girl who cried herself to sleep last night. I know it could have been worse. I am very thankful that we were not hurt neither was our house.
Hopefully, the weekend will be calm with no storms or injuries.
Have a great weekend and I will see you Monday!
1) Tips for Grilling Steak on a Gas Grill - Nothing tastes better to me than a steak cooked on the grill.
2) Preserve summer herbal tastes for winter use - I am going to try this with my basil and rosemary.
3) How to Make a Pencil Bag out of Juice Bags - Too cute!!
4) Art for Pennies - Jen makes this look so simple to make but I'm sure mine would not turn out this way.
5) Budget Friendly Romantic Weekend Getaway Tips - It would be so nice to have a getaway weekend.
6) Lessons Learned from a Kindergarten Teacher - I love to read Debbie's blog. You never know what you will find.
7) Decorating a Lamp Shade with Fabric - I have an extra couple of lampshades I could decorate.
8) Making Summer Memories Permanent - I love this idea even though she had a glitch in her fun.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
I got this for FREE. A gift from a friend. I found the wall vase at goodwill for $2.
I bought a $1 can of spray paint and ....
I love the way it turned out and it looks great on my screened-in porch.
You can find other great Thrifty Thursday finds at Tales From Bloggeritaville.
Woman's Day Magazine
Bounce Bar Coupons from Vocalpoint (can't wait to try)
Betty Crocker Cookbook
Ladies Home Journal Magazine
Soap Opera Digest Magazine
Flexitol Heel Balm Sample
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
I made this cake to serve my guests. It was very good and simple to make.
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 8oz. Sour Cream
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Chopped Pecans
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Milk (1 tbsp was not enough for me, I used 1/3 cup)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1) Heat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour a 9 x 13 pan.
2) In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients together with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
3) Spread half of the batter in pan.
4) In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; sprinle over batter in pan. 5) Carefully, spread remaining batter evenly over pecan mixture.
6) Bake 44 to 48 minutes or until deep golden brown.
7) In another small bowl, stir powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until thin enough to spread.
8) Prick surface of warm cake several times with fork. Spread powdered sugar mixture over cake. Cool completely - 1 hour. Store covered at room temperature.