Saturday, October 10, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Disney on Ice here we come!! I leaving work today at 3 and we are heading to Charlotte for a thrifty fun-filled
1) 6 Fall Must Do Tune-Ups - Great list to get your home prepared for cold weather.
2) Get Cooking with Your Kids - A great way to get your kids into the kitchen.
3) Santa's Cutting Back - Dana @ Frugal in Virginia shares her plan for a thrifty Christmas.
4) Dresser Drawer Shadow Boxes - These are adorable.
5) Freezer Ready Meals - Great recipes to freeze. I defintely need to do more of this.
6) Art Project with Junk Mail - This is a great idea. Another great way to reuse.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
While redecorating my home office, I decided I needed a message board. I bought a cheap cork for $3, used the fabric I used for my bench, and pulled out some ribbon from my scrapbooking supplies. Of course, I had to use my scissors and craft bond for the material.
Here is the finished product. I was very happy with it. For a total of $3 and about 20 minutes I end up with a great message board.
You can find other great Thrifty Thursday posts at Tales from Bloggeritaville.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Fall is here and winter is right around the corner. I want to keep Payton active and entertained with enjoyable things to do this winter. At the beginning of the summer, I made a list of things I wanted to share with Payton during the summer. I managed to get everything accomplished except for 1 thing.
When watching movies on Blu-Ray player you are able to have up to 6x better quality than DVD, 7.1 surround sound, immersive activity with games and special features, kid proof-more scratch resistant (always great) plays both Blu-ray and DVD discs Blu-ray also plays on Sony Playstation 3 players. You can watch the Blu-ray movie edition trailer here.
The new movie is available in a Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack and contains:
- First time ever in high definition 7.1 sound
- Disneyview – expanded viewing experience
- All-new Music Video
- Disney Family Play What Do You See? - Decipher the scambled image
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall – Which princess are you most like?
- Jewel Jumble – test your matching skillsBackstage Disney
- Snow White Returns – Newly discovered storyboards. Was Walt planning a sequel?
- Hyperion Studios – Explore Walt’s original studio
- The One That Started It All – See how Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs forever changed the world of moviesClassic Bonus Features
- Dopey’s Wild Mine Ride Game
- “Heigh-Ho” Karaoke Sing-along
- Disney through the decades
- And More!
The Walt Disney Snow White and the Seven Dwarf Edition goes on sale October 6th. You print a $10 coupon here.
Disclaimer: One to One Network sent me a Free copy of the Snow White and 7 Dwarfs Diamond Edition. My thoughts and review is my opinion.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
- Leave a comment telling me what you think of when you think of Harry Connick Jr.
- Blog about this giveaway (1 extra entry) and leave me comment with the post url.
- Follow/Subscribe to my blog (1 extra entry) and leave me comment telling me you did.
I admit Harry Connick Jr. has not been in my CD player until this review but I do love his music. I found it so relaxing. Great music to listen to while working. I loved the songs on his new CD Your Songs and found myself thinking of the days when I had heard them before. He also has a few new songs on the CD too. I saw him perform while on The View last week and he was wonderful.
Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):
All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)
This CD was released on September 22. You can find it on Amazon, iTunes, and probably anywhere that sells CDs.
Disclaimer: I did receive a FREE CD for writing this review. My thoughts and review is my opinion.
12 cups of popped popcorn
2 cups of miniature pretzels
1 cup pecan halves, toasted
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 ounces - White Candy Coating, Coarsely Chopped
2 ounces - Milk Chocolate Candy Coating, Coarsely Chopped
In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, pretzels and pecans. Drizzle with butter and toss; set aside.
In a microwave, melt white candy coating at for 1 minute; stir. Microwave additional 10 seconds intervals until chocolate is completely melted. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; toss to coat. Spread on foil-lined baking sheets.
In microwave, melt milk chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn mixture. Let stand in a cool place until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container.
Yields: 17 cups
This would be a great "goodie gift" for Christmas.
You can find other great Tasty Tuesday recipes at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Not a lot of cooking for me this week. I have a very busy weekend planned.
Monday - Grilled Chicken, Baked Potato, Salad
Tuesday - Spaghetti with French Bread (We are having this often because I have lots of homemade spaghetti sauce in the freezer)
Wednesday - Pork Chops, Green Beans, Oven Garlic & Butter Potatoes
Thursday - Dinner from Wendy's (FREE, Won a Gift Card a Couple of Weeks Ago)
Friday - Disney On Ice Show, Spending the Night in Charlotte
Saturday - Friends House for Dinner
Sunday - ?? Not sure
You can find other great Monday Menu Plans and Recipes at Organizing Junkie.
Here are your random numbers: 2
Julie has been emailed and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Thanks to everyone for participating.
I will have a new giveaway starting tomorrow.