Here is a list of things I did to save/earn money in the past week:
- I read all of my Inbox Dollars emails daily to add money to my account.
- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily to add points to receive FREE gift cards.
- Had leftovers for lunch 2 days this week. No food wasted and money saved by cooking something else.
- Continued trying to teach my 3 year old the importance of not leaving lights on or not using lights during the day when they are not needed.
- Cleaned out my coupon binder and filed new coupons for future shopping trips.
- Updated my Christmas list so I know who I still need to buy for.
- Watched 1 movie for FREE saved on my DVR, thanks to Starz free weekend on Directv a couple of months ago.
- Continued our countdown to Christmas with Payton spent no money OOP.
- Made all meals out of stockpile. No money spent on eating out.
- Installed electrical outlet and light switch insulators on the ones located on the outside wall of our house. Since it has been so called here, I noticed cold air coming in around the outlets in the kitchen. The insulators work great. We found them at Lowes for a great price.
- Received a $6 deposit in paypal for a survey payment.
- Purchased wrapping paper at the Hallmark Store - 4.99 for the 1st roll, .99 for 2nd roll, then used a $5 coupon, my total OOP 1.78. I love their wrapping paper - very sturdy and easy to wrap with.
- Printed several coupons to use when I finish my Christmas shopping this weekend. I have to admit this is the first year that I have used so many coupons on toys. It has been great.
- Cashed $10 in Swagbucks for Amazon credits. I am already preparing for next Christmas.
- Purchased a $50 gift certificate to Kansas City Steaks for $15 (had a $10 groupon credit). Can't wait for my order to arrive.
- Ordered my Christmas Cards and only paid $4.99 total.
- Trying to plan ahead for Christmas gatherings/parties so I will food on hand to prepare as well as hostess gifts to take.
After reading the post at Frugal makes Cents last week, I have been on the look out for the next Groupon offer for Kansas City Steak Company. I think this is an awesome deal - $25 for $50 worth of steaks plus free shipping. It is still available. Click here to sign up for groupon, then click on the deal of the deal and search for St. Louis. If it doesn't pop up as the main offer, then it will be listed on the right hand side of the page.
Last week, I planned a thrifty date night at home with my dear hubby. I cooked dinner, had a movie for us to watch, and a couple of cocktails to drink. My dinner was Macaroni Grill Creamy Basil Parmesan Chicken and Pasta. It was a box dinner and it was great. I think I could eat pasta everyday. It is one of my favorites and I was truly impressed with this dinner and so was my husband (he is the picky eater in the family).
I will be buying it again.
Here is a picture of the pasta before we dug in.
(Sorry for the picture quality but I have the hardest time taking pictures of food.)
If you too would love to have a date night at home, then sign up for this prize pack. Each prize pack includes a Macaroni Grill Creamy Basil Parmesan Chicken Dinner, a Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken dinner a $25 VISA card.
How to enter: (4 entries per person )
- Leave me a comment telling me what you normally do for a date night at home. (Required)
- Follow/Subscribe to my blog (1 extra entry) and leave me a comment telling me you did.