Here is a list of things I did to save/earn money this week:
- I read all of my Inbox Dollars emails for my account and my husband's daily to add money to our accounts.
- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily for my account and my huband's to add points to receive FREE gift cards.
- Spent $28.52 in groceries this week. Some things were on sale and the others were things that I was out of. Also got 4 FREE items with coupons this week.
- Had leftovers for lunch 2 days this week. No food wasted and money saved by not cooking something else.
- Had dinner at mom's last night so that saves me money. She is so sweet!!
- DH has been out of town all week on storm trouble so I have had to cook less, use less power, do less laundry etc. Him being away has saved us money and earned some extra money too!! :)
- Continued trying to teach my 4 year old the importance of not leaving lights on or not using lights during the day when they are not needed. (Not sure if we will ever get there!)
- Cleaned out my coupon binder and filed new coupons for future shopping trips.
- Received another $5 from Cash4Books in Referrals - Thanks!!
- Watched 1 movie for FREE saved on my DVR, thanks to Starz free weekend on Directv a couple of months ago.
- Received a $2 Amazon gift certificate for taking a short survey
- Went to Kerr Drug to use my $25 gift card - Purchased formula, (3) Bounty Basic Paper Towels @ .54 each with coupon, (4) Light Bulbs packs at .79 each and (2) 1 Gallon Bleach at .88 each. Total OOP for all - 0.73
- Did a double check on my information that I have gathered to do our taxes. I hope to get them completed this weekend.
- FINALLY, after trying for several days I was able to sign up for the Valspar free paint sample including $5 coupon and paint tray. I really want to paint my laundry room and powder room.
- Received my $5 rebate check from Lysol for getting a flu shot this year. I am adding this to my laptop computer fund.
Everyday at 10:00am EST, Valspar paint gives away 1000 FREE paint samples. After trying for several days, I was finally able to get mine yesterday. You will also receive a $5 coupon and a FREE paint tray. If interested, be ready to request yours at 10 am because they don't last long.
I sent my dh to Rite Aid on his way home work Monday. He stopped at 2 stores to find the deal I was looking for. His co-worker that rides with him didn't understand why he was buying so much ice cream. He was excited to explain how he was getting some for FREE and then rolling the other +UP rewards.
Here is what he bought: (sorry no pictures my camera batteries were dead)
3 - Edy's Ice Cream - 2.99 each = 8.97
Used 8.00 in +UP Rewards
Total OOP - 1.15
Received - $6 in +UP Rewards
(This was when his co-worker started asking questions!!)
6 - Edy's Ice Cream - 2.99 each = 17.94
Used 7.00 in +UP Rewards
Total OOP - 11.30
Received - $17 in +UP Rewards
Every adult in America can receive a FREE Papa John's pizza if the Super Bowl goes in to overtime. Papa John's will add 25 points to everyones account if this happen. Register for an account today, just in case that happens. After registering, click on my account and then click Enroll on the Papa Points option.
CSN.com is offering 1 of my readers a FREE $55 gift certificate to any of their online stores. They have over 200+ online stores. You do have to pay shipping.
Here are a few facts about CSN.com: CSN Stores LLC is a fast-growing, privately-held company offering customers the best online shopping available for home and office goods. A $200 million company, CSN is made up of more than 200 online niche shops offering a huge selection of products ranging from barstools and bedroom sets to grills, greenhouses and gaming equipment. We have items for budget-minded shoppers, luxury seekers and everyone in between. To review some of our products, please go to our home page at www.csnstores.com.
How to enter: (6 entries per person)
- Leave me a comment telling me how you would spend your $55 gift certificate. (Required)