Sign up for SavingStar and take advantage of paperless coupons. Just add the coupons to your store loyalty card. Grocery stores and drug stores available - Food Lion, Lowes Foods, CVS, and Rite Aid just to name a few.
- I read all of myInbox Dollars emails for my account and my husband's daily to add money to our accounts.
- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily for my account and my husband's to add points to receive FREE gift cards.
- Cleaned out my coupon binder and filed new coupons for future shopping trips.
- Compared gas prices online before filling up so I could get the lowest price.
- Used FREE dishwasher detergent samples this week when using the dishwasher.
- Continued to use my FREE samples this week - wipes, hand sanitizer, lip balm, lotion, and toothpaste.
- Continuing to try to drink more water. Not only is this good for me but it will also be a great way to save money.
- Took a survey and earned $3.
- The weather is a lot cooler so we are not having to use the A/C as much.
- DH was gone on storm trouble for 9 days = saving money by 1 less person at home eating, using power, water etc. plus he worked lots OT = bigger paycheck.
- Got my laptop repaired - compared prices before so as I posted here - Saved $425.
- Payton will be starting kindergarten next year and I have been wanting to continue reviewing her numbers, letters, shapes, colors and practice writing. I went to the Dollar Store and found Pre-K workbooks for $1 each. Found the same type of books online and in other stores for $3+ each.
- Needed 2 birthday cards so I went to my stockpile of cards and pulled 2 out - no money spent.
- Took Payton to the library for the 1st time and got her a library card. A great way to teach a child to love books, plus FREE books for story time.
- Had leftovers 3 days this week. No food wasted.
- I was given 2 garbage bags full of winter clothes for Bryson. Who doesn't love FREE clothes?
- Cashed in Swagbucksfor a $5 Amazon gift card. I save these to use for buying Christmas presents.
I haven't been blogging in the past couple of weeks because my husband broke my laptop screen. I purchased my first laptop in April and it has been one of the best investments ever. I love that I can blog anywhere in my home. With 2 small kids, going to my home office upstairs wasn't always convenient.
My husband was very upset when he accidentally broke it. He knew that I was going to be upset but it was an accident and accidents happen. I immediately called the retailer that I purchased the computer from to check the prices for repair. I then called the manufacturer directly for an estimate. Next, I called 2 local computer repair places for prices. I was shocked at the differences in quotes that I received. This is a perfect example for everyone to always compare prices.
Here is the quotes I received: (I will not mention any names)
Retailer - $600 to return and repair includes shipping
Manufacturer - $230 just to return and look at it
Local Computer Repair Store #1 - $130 for screen, $75 labor
Local Computer Repair Store #2 - $110 for screen, $65 labor - also includes 60 day warranty on repairs at no extra charge
Of course, I went with the last quote I received. If I had not compared prices, I would have probably purchased a new laptop.
Total Savings by Comparing Prices (using prices above) - $425
Crest Complete Extra White Toothpaste, or Oral-B Complete Fresh Scope Scent Toothbrush, or Scope Dual Blast Mouthwash - $3.99
Receive $3 +UP Reward
Use Crest, Oral-B or Scope coupons from 8/28 P&G insert
Final Price - As low as FREE
Wondering where I've been? My dear hubby broke my laptop and it took me over 2 weeks to get it repaired. Thankfully, I got it back Friday and I will be back to blogging soon. I never knew how much I would miss my laptop. With two small kids, it is so convenient to have a laptop. I missed everyone and I'll be back to sharing great deals and how I'm saving money soon.
Happy Labor Day!! I hope everyone has a great holiday.